Xstrata mining is offering Xstrata University Bursary Programme 2013-2014 in the fileds of Mining Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geology Discipline and Financial Management.
Xstrata is a big company working in South Africa. Xstrata is one of the main coal exporters in all over the world. They are operating the business in Witbak, and they have invited the applications from the graduates and professionals in the above mentioned fields.
Internship jobs at Xstrata Mining usually remain opened, so if you want to get some experience in the relevant fields, you must go through the below mentioned jobs descriptions to apply for Xstrata University Bursary Programme 2013-2014.
Message From the Employer
We’re different. We’re Xstrata. Xstrata Coal South Africa is a world leading coal producer. We have operations in the Witbank Coalfield and are coal exporters in South Africa.
We are safety obsessed and community aware. We are committed to the achievement of diversity and employment equity. So, with more top project in the pipeline, your career and future development prospects look bright.
2014 Bursaries is available for the Mining Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, B Com (Financial Management) and Geology Discipline.
Minimum Requirements for University Bursary Programme
Please note the minimum requirements:
- Engineering disciplines, candidate must obtain a minimum rating of 6 (70%-79%) in mathematics and science, 5 (60%-69) English and as per requirement of institutions.
- The candidate must obtain a minimum rating 5 (60%-69%) in Mathematics, Accounting and English to be considered in Finance.
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a service obligation with Xstrata Coal SA
The successful candidate must be in possession of a valid certificate of fitness or be fit enough to obtain one prior to the commencement of Bursary Award, as this is a requirement of the Mine’s Health and safety Act.
The Bursary include:
- Registration and Tuition fees
- Residence and Meals fees
- Prescribe textbook
- Personal allowance
- Payment of any compulsory excursions or seminar which may be required
- Laptop and Printer
- Paid vacation work
Please mention in your cover letter:
- What do you do at present [e.g. Grade 12, 1st or 2nd year]
- What is your preferred field or your current field of study?
Please include the following compulsory documentation in your application:
Certified copy of ID, latest results if currently in grade 12 include Grade 11 results.
Please complete the attached bursary application form as well, and submit with your other documentation.
You can either apply online or send your CV, cover letter and bursary application form to email@example.com.